Friday, June 26, 2009

How To Clean A White Leather Sofa

Testimony of Margot on her EVS in Barcelona

"I travel a long time and I always wanted to live abroad. Settle, discover a city with its inhabitants and Secrets and especially no more than a tourist.

As part of my studies (communication and web publishing), I've never had occasion to go: too expensive, few opportunities, unparalleled field abroad ...

dint Research the mobility of young people, I came across the concept of EVS: a mission of inclusive development, a support of the European Union, a mix of cultures and volunteers and especially a great opportunity to live a unique experience! After meeting

Manuella Portier and defined my project, I applied to several tasks including one in Barcelona which lasted one year. He was working with the founding Iwith.org that develops websites for NGOs.

The adventure began when I attended the initial training of volunteers in France. For four days, we exchanged and shared our experiences on intercultural relations, the European identity, our fears, our doubts, but also our expectations and motivations regarding the EVS.

I am in Barcelona for one month and time passes at an incredible speed. I started my project I am working with a volunteer in Hungary. The atmosphere is very open and exchanges are simple. Officials of the foundation are listening to our needs and always patient when I can not speak English!


I share an apartment with volunteers Hungarian, Italian and French. The atmosphere is very European. I am constantly cradled between cultures and languages.

I also received training on arrival to familiarize himself with the host country. I was with the volunteers of Catalonia, Principality of Valencia and the Balearic Islands. It was very interesting, I found the same themes in France as well as more specific workshops to the Catalan culture (cuisine, history, cinema). However, the language and the various nationalities overthrew the deal and continued my way to deepen intercultural Europe.


I really found the project that suited me: a pleasant living environment, the feeling of being useful, the ability to speak and learn foreign languages (in my case the Castilian and Catalan ) and especially dynamic that drives our incredible group of volunteers!

I am aware of the uniqueness of the EVS and how lucky I am and why I want to share this experience in sustainable. "

Margot, voluntary Barcelona.

0 comments:

Post a Comment